Thanks to the folks who came out to the Dayton .NET meeting last night. It’s been a while since I’ve spoken in Dayton. It was a great time. It’s great to see Bob Sledge and Joe Wirtley still running the group.
The talk I gave was about five features of Azure Mobile Services to help mobile developers who wanted to concentrate on their ideas, and not on the back end. We covered storing data for access from multiple devices, scheduled jobs, social authentication and push notifications.
At the end of the talk I listed several resources and promised I post them up to my blog as well. Here they are (these are mostly the same as the links I provided back in April, but added one):
- Mobile Services Team Blog: http://bit.ly/wazmobile & http://bit.ly/wazmobile2 (the Mobile Services Team have moved their blog to the main Azure Blog, the first link is their original blog location and still has lots of good stuff on it)
- Custom API: http://bit.ly/wazmobilescripts
- Source Control: http://bit.ly/wazmobilegit
- Server Side objects: http://bit.ly/wazmobileref
- Introduction to BLOB Storage: http://bit.ly/blobstoreintro
Thanks to the sponsor of the meeting Russ Hadick for providing the pizza and UDRI for the space.